The unit is responsible for the appointment of invigilators for examinations conducted by the Syndicate except for the Certificate of Primary Education Examination (CPE) Examination.
Applicants should :
1. Be aged between 22 and 70 years
2. Be unemployed or retired from service
3. Have at least passed one subject at SC/GCE 'O' level examinations or equivalent
4. Be fit to perform such duties
5. Not have any criminal records.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should call in person to fill in the Application Form. (The form can also be downloaded here. This form needs to be signed in the presence of MES officers).
The following documents (original and one photocopy) should be produced:
1. National identity card (NIC)
2. Birth/Marriage Certificate
3. Academic and other qualifications
4. Heading of Bank Statement – to verify bank account number
5. Letter of retirement (if applicable)
6. Letters of reference from past employers (if applicable)
7. Certificate of Character
8. Utility Bill as proof of residential address (CWA or CEB or MT).
Selection/Appointment are made from a bank of invigilators which is updated yearly through a survey; normally carried out during the period June-August.
- The Syndicate reserves the right not to make any offer of appointment.
- A daily allowance of Rs463/- is paid to each invigilator upon completion of the assignment.
- The sum payable is credited to the invigilators’ bank within a reasonable time.
Refund of travelling allowance is not entertained.
Data Protection Clause
The information which you give when completing your application form will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2004 and for the following purposes: to enable the organisation to create an electronic and paper record of your application; to enable the application to be processed; to enable the organisation to compile statistics, or to assist other organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information that would identify you as an individual will be published. The information will be kept securely, and will be kept no longer than necessary